Saturday, September 09, 2006

Oops...I think I was supposed to blog yesterday

You ever had one of those weeks, when you stayed a day behind the whole time? That's been my week. It may be because I didn't work Monday because of Labor Day. It may be because I heard from my editor last week with an offer on another book and an assignment to get a new proposal ready for the end of this month. Or maybe because we're having issues with our dog, who's just learned how to climb the fence and now we're having to figure out how to nip that in the bud. Or because I had a huge project come due at work last week with a ton of last minute alterations.

I promise, there's a writing point to all of this confusion. What do you do when life suddenly goes nuts on you at the worst possible time? The last week and a half have thrown me into a month's worth of confusion, and I have a mess of a synopsis staring at me accusingly from my computer screen, wondering when I'm ever going to get my act together and whip it into shape.

What are your secrets for untangling the threads of your crazy life and finding some sort of organization and structure to help you accomplish your goals? I'd love to be able to tell you my secrets, but I think they're hidden under the stacks of notes scattered across my workspace.

4 comments:

Deborah Matthews said...

Well, darn, Paula, you stole my topic for tomorrow. That's been my life this week and I have no clue how to deal with it.

susanna in alabama said...

I have one word for you:

Chocolate.

Carla Swafford said...

The chocolate is a great idea. Yeah. Cho-co-late. Hmmm.

MaryF said...

LOL - we had Open House last night, and I was talking to the parents about helping the kids get organized - all while looking frantically for the sign-in sheet that I'd accidentally filed!

So, wrong person here, though I do love the lists.