Thursday, September 07, 2006

Are You A Real Woman?


Okay, so my new release is Real Women Don't Wear Size 2. Since the book hit the shelves, I've received loads of emails from women saying "Amen!" And then there's the few (less than 5) from women who say, "Oh, I'm a Size 2, but I'm real."

Now, I never EVER wore a 2. I can't say that I've known a ton of people who have, though my agent is in that number (the book is dedicated to her, even though she is obviously NOT a real woman). She is tiny. I mean liiiiiiiiittle. If you ever meet her (Caren Johnson with Firebrand Literary -- www.firebrandliterary.com), you'll see what I mean. But she's got enough energy for a small army (most tiny people do, don't they?).

I had a book signing last weekend, and a guy bought the book and, with a grin, he said, "My wife wears a 2. I like it." Yeah, well, what was I supposed to say to that? And then I could tell that he kind of backed up and "sized" me up. Hello. That's SO not politically correct, and I was very glad I had on a jacket.

Truth -- as a pre-teen, I went straight from a little girl's size 14 (isn't that it -- 14 is the biggest little girl size? -- I have teen boys now so I'm clueless) to a size 7. And then, naturally, I went up. Don't even think I'm going to tell you how many digits up I've gone. That's just none of your business.

So, here's the question -- are you a real woman? And if you aren't, i.e., you wear a 2 or a smaller size, what's the deal? Do you eat? And if you do, what? (just wait until my agent reads this -- the woman eats whatever she wants -- I've seen her in action. BLOWS MY MIND.)

Kelley
Real Women Don't Wear Size 2 -- on sale now!
Visit My Site to Win a Florida Beach Vacation

3 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

I wore a size 2 when I WAS TWO!! In fact, back in the seventies, I worked in an upscale clothing store and I promise you, they didn't sale size 2s back then.

Fives were the smallest size I saw until I went with my oldest daughter to buy a prom dress. She wore a 3! I can tell you, the girl was picky and hyperactive - she burned all the coca-colas and potato chips off!

My mom and sister never wore size 2, but they both have weight problems -- they CAN'T GAIN WEIGHT! My question is, what happened to me? Geez. Life ain't fair.

But I do say, no matter what size you are, it's what inside that matters. I've met some of the sweetest people that were large and small. And I've met some of the meanest - both sizes.

Me. I wouldn't mind losing weight, but never a size 2. It wouldn't look normal for me. Plus when it comes to men (don't it always) they better have some weight on them. Got to have something to hang on to. LOL!

Christy said...

As I sit here eating my bag of donuts and sipping on my fifth cup of coffee, I will admit to never having been a size 2. With my extraordinary eating habits, I know you're surprised, arent' you?

I was a size 4 before I got married, but don't think I made it to the twos. The photos of me show a not too healthy looking size 4. I looked like a skelton with skin and big hair, so that's not the size for me.

I agree with Carla, it's what's inside that counts, but oh, it would be nice to wear those cute little outfits again.

Oh well, guess I'll just have another donut and remember when...

Terri said...

I love this blog! I love the book! I love, love, love it all. (Even the fabulous contest!)

I was a size 4. A Malibu trophy wife and personal trainer for many years. Now, well, let's just say, I'm not. What most women don't know is those Malibu/Beverly Hills actresses and wives? They take diet pills. Really. No kidding. (Would I kid you!?!) Ah, the secrets I know...Anyway I found my way here by accident and it's like Christmas morning. I love it. If you go to my blog and scroll down a post you can read a little about my take on middle age. In the meantime I have lots to read here and will be ordering the book right away. Thank you so much for writing it. Oh, the little white lies we tell our thighs huh? (PS will get the word out about the book!)