Monday, August 14, 2006

If at first you don't succeed...

I'm rapidly finding out that having your first book published is like planning your wedding. You'd better not set your expectations too high, because you're setting yourself up for disappointment. For instance, my first book signing was at the massive Literacy Signing at the RWA National Conference in Atlanta! But my books didn't show up. Sometimes things just don't work out.

No worries! My second first book signing will be this Saturday, August 19. I’ll be on a panel discussing writing romance with Deidre Knight, Wendy Wax, and fellow Southern Magic member Kelley St. John as part of the Wetumpka Writers’ Workshop Series from 9 a.m. to noon at the Wetumpka Public Library in Wetumpka, Alabama. A small fee applies for the workshop. If you’d like to come for the book signing only, the folks tell me you should arrive between 11:30 and noon. Details here. Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

Carla Swafford said...

I hope all goes well. Wish I could be there, but I'm far behind on my writing and need to stay home. See you soon.