Friday, June 30, 2006

Computer Blues

Today is my day to blog on Romance Magicians. I actually wrote almost a whole post on writer's block--twice. But my computer has chosen this day to start giving up the ghost.

So, here's my new topic--dealing with changes to your writing comfort zone. I've gotten very attached to this laptop. I tried writing on my desktop today, when it was clear my laptop is starting to fry, but I couldn't get comfortable enough to write much.

So, what about you? Do you have to have your writing area/situation just like you like it before you can be creative?

(Posting this quickly before my computer spontaneously shuts itself down).

3 comments:

Carla Swafford said...

Being off work after surgery has taught me that silence is good, but I still have problems with focus. It doesn't matter where I'm at, if the muse hits me, I can write. It's just lately the muse has disappeared on me.

Here, muse, muse, muse...come on back to mama.

Anonymous said...

I've managed to get over my initial blockage, which I now think was more due to panic about my dying laptop than discomfort with my writing area.

I know what you mean about the muse, though. I had to chase mine all the way to the Caribbean before she finally cooperated. ;)

Paula (who can't remember her Blogger password and has to sign in anonymously)

Deborah Matthews said...

Maybe our muses are having a meeting somewhere. Or a party. (g)

When I took my AlphaSmart to the doctor's office during my 5 hour glucouse test, I didn't get much writing done. I think it was the chair and I couldn't find a comfortable position. I can use it in the car with no problem.

Quiet works best for me. The only time I've played music was when it was the middle of summer and I was writing A GIFT OF LOVE, which is set around Christmas. I played some Christmas music for mood.