Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Playing Favorites



Now admit it. You have a favorite. No, not child! Book! Stick with me, people. If you’re like me, you actually have several. (Favorite books! Geez.) I’m talking about the one, or ones if you insist, that you pull out time after time and read.

Me? I have Gayle Wilson’s, LADY SARAH’S SON (oh, so sexy Justin - wounded emotionally and physically - you want to heal him every which a way - get your mind out of the gutter) . I keep it near my bed and when I want to make sure that I have good dreams, I pull it out and read. A couple others that I keep handy are Linda Howard’s ALL THE QUEEN’S MEN (mystery men always get to me), and Lisa Gregory's (aka Candice Camp) RAINBOW SEASON (love those bad boys that turn out to be good, and those good girls that...well, you get the idea).

What books do you read over and over again?

9 comments:

Rhonda said...

LORD OF SCOUNDRELS by Loretta Chase and SON OF THE MORNING by Linda Howard. Then the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, of course. :-)

Paula said...

I read PRIDE AND PREJUDICE at least once a year. Gayle's book THE STRANGER SHE KNEW is another one I'll re-read again and again. TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD is a repeat favorite. I like to re-read some Georgette Heyer regencies just because they're so much fun.

Kathy said...

I like to reread Kathleen Woodiwiss and Julie Garwood's historicals, books like The Flame And The Flower, Come Love a Stranger, The Wolf and the Dove or The Prize, The Bride and the Secret. Though they may have been so-called 'bodice rippers', they were fun, witty, and sexy stories intiating me into the world of reading romance.

Karen said...

I'm a series sucker - Linda Howard's MacKenzies, and Nora Roberts McGregor's are all very well read.

Deborah Matthews said...

These days I don't have as much time to read, but the books I've always read over and over are the Amanda Quick and Julie Garwood historicals.

jennifer echols said...

All of Jane Austen!

Deborah Matthews said...

How could I forget Jane Austen? Though I have to say it's been a while since I've read her. I was wishing the other night I had my JA book, which has all her novels, but it's still packed in a box in the garage.

The movies are in my mind more, however. When I think of P&P, Colin Firth comes to mind.

Kathy said...

I'm reading Jane Austen's books now. They seem to be so much better than the movies I've seen even though I'm glued to the TV watching the newest version of P&P over and over again.

jennifer echols said...

Deborah--I have one book with all the novels too!

Kathy--Which ones have you read, and what's next? I love most of the movies that have been made recently, but the books are definitely better. I go back and forth about whether P&P or Emma is my favorite, but I get in the mood for S&S, Persuasion, and MP also. NA I don't really care for.

I have a MySpace account, and I just added Jane to my friends list!